Sunday 10 December 2006

Ray Quinn in the Final

Ray Quinn on Xfactor while I was in Athens
So, 10am this morning in Athens - go for a wander, start feeling a bit sick, call Bob and hear that little Ray Quinn (looking a bit green under the gills here I think even he would admit) and Leona have made it through to the Final of Xfactor - feel a bit glad I am not resorting to sitting in Barking wih chocolate (70% Cacao) and a strong Cabernet Sauvignon trying to get into Simon Cowell's vision and wishing that maybe I'd been brave enough to start betting heavily on these shows. I mean it was obvious really that little Ray would make it through wasn't it ?.

I eat some cheese, olives and drink a bottle of the finest Retsina (I only like that pine taste when I'm actually in Greece !) and, hooray, bump into that sweet Petra girl again at a busy junction and agree to meet up later on - she is off to the Islands tomorrow and she says I can tag along so that sounds good. I head back to my room. Fall asleep for two hours. Wake up and start writing down the places I'd like to visit on this long and hopefully not so lonely trip - I'd like to make it to see some Buddhist stuff in India which would be fun, and in Europe I'd like a bit of skiing in Italy if I can afford it, maybe in the Dolomites and perhaps I'll give Snowboarding a go.

No comments: