Wednesday 20 December 2006

I'm in Rome ! shaddap-a you face


Arrived - like dead birds reborn ! in a new country - ITALY !! and here me and Petra - Oh Petra - are in the home of Pasta and Chianti - lick my lips. Still in Olive world - but a slightly different flavour although I callenge you to spot the difference - really, although there may be some serious olive buffs who can. Got here around noon and skuffed about looking for Mafiosi cosa Nostra types and generalyy looking around. Spent some time in an Arman shop annoying the assistants, and chatted with a young enlish mum who ws ove here with her five children !!. Sat in A central expensive cafe and did not worry about drinking two bottles of Sicilian Red and then hunted for a hotel. Got cold and huddled for a while on a bench. Petra decided on a little nostar effort run by a big Mama who seems freindly eough when she is not shouting. Just settling in - had a long sleep. Then brushed my filthy ragamuffin teeth, Phoned Bob and he says I have done well getting out of Athens - there is only so much he says that you can take of a Greek city. So anyway - here we are and I intend to make the most of my time here - my head is full of the noise and bustle - the buzzing of mopeds and the smell of Pizza !

Gets me Singing !

'Allo, I'm-a Giuseppe, I got-a something special-a for you, ready Uno, duo, tre, quatro When I was a boy, just about the eighth-a grade Mama used to say don't stay out-a late With the bad-a boys, always shoot-a pool Giuseppe going to flunk-a school Boy, it make-a me sick, all the t'ing I gotta do I can't-a get-a no kicks, always got to follow rules Boy, it make-a me sick, just to make-a lousy bucks Got to feel-a like a fool and-a mama used to say all-a time What's-a matter you Hey! Gotta no respect What-a you t'ink you do? Why you look-a so sad It's-a not so bad, it's-a nice-a place Ah, shaddap-a you face That's-a my mama, I can remember Big accordion solo Ah! Play dat again, Really nice, really nice Soon-a come-a day, gonna be a big-a star Den I make-a TV shows and-a movies Get-a myself a new car, but still I be myself I don't want-a to change a t'ing, still a-dance and a-sing I t'ink about-a mama, she used to say What's-a matter you Hey! Gotta no respect What-a you t'ink you do Why you look-a so sad It's-a not so bad, it's-a nice-a place Ah, shaddap-a you face Mama, she said it all-a da time What's-a matter you Hey Gotta no respect What-a you t'ink you do Why you look-a so sad It's-a not so bad, it's-a nice-a place Ah, shaddap-a you face That s-a my mama Hello, everybody! 'At's out-a dere in-a radio and-a TV land Did you know I had a big-a hit-a song in-a Italy with-a disc Shaddap-a you face I sing-a dis-a song, all-a my fans applaud Dey clap-a da hands, dat-a make me feel-a so good You ought to learn-a dis-a song, it's-a real-a simple See, I sing: what's-a matter you You sing Hey Den I sing-a da rest and den at de end, we can all-a sing: Ah, Shaddap-a you face! O.k., let's-a try it, really big Uno, duo, tre, quatro What's-a matter you Hey Gotta no respect Hey What-a you t'ink you Hey do Why you look-a so sad Hey It's-a not so bad Hey it's-a nice-a place Ah, shaddap-a you face OK one more-a time for mama What's-a matter you Hey Gotta no respect Hey What-a you t'ink you Hey do Why you look-a so sad Hey It's-a not so bad Hey it's-a nice-a place Ah, shaddap-a you face

No comments: