Sunday 17 December 2006

Olives for Christmas

Everyone will be getting Olives for Christmas. Petra and I have been out getting all sorts of live gifts for our friends and family. I have bought Olives with chillis and those lovely strong Greek black olives that Crespo do. Sending home will be late but it is the thought that counts - so Bob will get his finest green olives and extra virgin olive oil in the new year - plus the DVD of "Mighty Aphrodite" by Woody Allan - which is a film I like and has a Greek Chorus - so that is a bit Greek and I am away from my home in Barking and away from my balding friend Bob and his pregnant girlfriend Sharon with the curly blonde hair and the nice smile - loud farts - and interesting fetish for white tracksuits and pink bunnies. So anyway - buying a Woody Allan movie cheered me up and I did not want to spend the day just by Olives and Olive Oil although at the start of the shopping experience I thought that was a pretty neat idea. In the middle of the day at around 2 o'clock I got tired and we sat in a bar and drank two bottles of red wine, which was nice. Then we hit the Olives again. Petra's father will get masses - although he sounds quite frightening, with a sharp pointy beard and a feirce look (I saw a photograph Petra is carrying). I think Woody Allan liiks nicer and I think she would have been better off with Woody as her dad. Still Christmas is now sorted - great fun doing the shopping in Athens the people are very friendly. But we are going to have to get out of here soon. We have discussed staying in Greece for a bit - maybe splashing some money on a luxury Holiday or even a Greek Island Cruise Holiday or renting a Villa with Pool but it seems like the wrong time of year ! Hell, when you have a sweet girl like Petra on your arm choosing Olives (despite her rather sinister looking father) then who cares about it being Winter. Any way - Olives to pack !! Happy days.

No comments: