Saturday 23 December 2006

Fat bottomed girls in Rome

Fat Bottomed Girl
Seeing as there are so many fat bottomed girls straying into my visual path here in Rome, Italy and I have finished my indoor golf tournamnet against myself (using rolled up newspaper and a light stand, I thought it would make sense to do a much needed analysis of Brian May’s delightful Queen song Fat Bottomed Girls .

Are you gonna take me home tonight
Notice he wants them to have the upper hand – he wants to be man handled
Ah down beside that red firelight
They must have a real fire, which means humping coal scuttles and being nifty with a red hot poker. I suppose one of those fake gas fires might do, but Brian is a wealthy man, I think he expects the best.
Are you gonna let it all hang out
Well, here we wonder if he means the butt or something else, there has been no netion of the fat bottom yet but the listener has been forewarned by the unambiguous title.
Fat bottomed girls
Ah here we go - Brian lets it all out of the bag himself
You make the rockin' world go round
Good play on words here as we know Brian is a rocker of some considerable pedigree, but the rockin’ he could also be referring to is the steady rocking normally necessary when in the act of lovemaking.

Hey I was just a skinny lad
He still is – Brian goes autobiographical here
Never knew no good from bad
Was he a naughty boy ? I think that is unlikely, so some poetic licence must be given here, Brian obviously wants to paint himself as a rock rebel with a James Dean past.
But I knew life before I left my nursery
So he had a nursery, and presumably he was put in there until quite an age
Left alone with big fat Fanny
His formative years have obviously been heavily influenced by this Fanny woman
She was such a naughty nanny
So his parents have a lot to answer for, keeping him in a nursery until his teens with a nymphomaniac with a large rear end.
Heap big woman you made a bad boy out of me
Imagine, just the two of them, a skinny, deprived teenager who, when not in his play pen, was lost in the billowing flesh of the paid help
Hey hey!
Exactly, hey up ! what the hell was going on, still he was having fun and so was she so good luck to them both and God Bless ‘em.

I've been singing with my band
Backing vocals mostly, but then Freddie had to sing this so I suppose that is fine ...
Across the wire across the land
I think this is just filler, Brian is losing his way here
I seen ev'ry blue eyed floozy on the way
Brian honed in on blue eyes only – no brown eyes here !
But their beauty and their style
So in Brians world, blue eyes equate to normal or skinny bottom, not the fat bottom he so desperately requires.
Went kind of smooth after a while
Brian wants it rough
Take me to them dirty ladies every time
Big butt, dirty butt, dirty lady, Fanny – do not forget Fanny
Oh won't you take me home tonight?
Repeated to emphasize fat bottomed dominance of his world
Oh down beside your red firelight
Red light district ?
Oh and you give it all you got
Fanny must have given it all she had
Fat bottomed girls you make the rockin' world go round
Fat bottomed girls you make the rockin' world go round

Hey listen here
Brian has something important to say
Now your mortgages and homes
Is he talking to us ? – I think so
I got stiffness in the bones
He’s either getting old (which he is) or he’s got a boner
Ain't no beauty queens in this locality (I tell you)
He is just stating his own opinion ladies, don’t get shirty, remember Fanny fucked him up a bit
Oh but I still get my pleasure
Good, everyone deserves a bit of pleasure
Still got my greatest treasure
Yes, we know what that is going to be
Heap big woman you gonna make a big man out of me
Thought so !
Now get this

Let’s play it out now and let Brian just ride it out …

Oh you gonna take me home tonight (please)Oh you gonna take me home tonight (please)
Oh down beside your red firelight
Oh you gonna let it all hang out
Fat bottomed girls you make the rockin' world go round
Fat bottomed girls you make the rockin' world go round
Get on your bikes and ride

Oooh yeah them fat bottomed girls
Fat bottomed girls
Yeah yeah yeah
Fat bottomed girls
Yes yes


Song by Brian May


Good work Brian, you'd love Rome. Sorry Freddy is dead and all that.


Petra has gone walkabout for a day - and I am just holed up in bed with a cold.


I only grt up to do a Yuletide log.


Esten - Rome 23/12/2006

No comments: