Thursday 28 December 2006

Petra leaves me after all day Spongebob session

Try fishing in Portugal - Carp and Catfish are particularly good - the fish are jumping ! Phew ! - All day yesterday was spent by me and Petra watching Spongebob Squarepants in Italian back to back on cable !. I quite enjoyed just vegetating to that while young Italian boys and girls tripped into the TV room at the Hotel Aberdeen where we are staying and two had very nasty falls. One little girl, Carlotta, was carrying a fruit bowl with some particularly nice fruit - satsumas and apples and things, then that Krab man with the restaurant the krusty crab (not krusty the clown - thats the simpsons, what is it with this krusty thing anyway - discuss !) makes some kind of loud noise because he is going to lose all his money and Carlotta trips up and the fruit goes flying. She got a nasty gash on her knee and I got an apple - they were not meant for us - so I did OK but she had to be plastered up. Talking of getting plastered, Thats what we did in the TV room and it was a bit embarrassing because Guiseppe who owns the hotel does not like that, so we go shouted at a few times for laughing too loudly and in a drunken manner and he said (he speaks quite good english when he is angry) that we must not do sick on his settee. Petra said that he could rest in peace because we do not do that kind of thing and anyway we were drinking responsibly which was a lie.
Today we had headaches and then - just like a dream - Petra walks out and says she has had enough of moping around with a Barking boy in Rome and wants to see the other side of life somewhere else and with someone else - so I am pretty miserable now and groping for reality. Still she was a bit of a pain and I was just not getting things done like I thought I might on this adventure of a lifetime so I have decided to be philisophical abou it and take it on the chin - lets see how I feel about it tomorrow !

No comments: