Tuesday 12 December 2006

Not such a good night in Athens

Petra durnk in Athens Greece December 2006
Its 10am in Athens and I am not going off to the islands with Petra and her crew. We met up as planned at a little bar and discussed Global Warming for an hour and then Globalisation over some more Vodka and Retsina. I ate my fish which unfortunately was covered in a coconut sauce which I was not partial to and Petra got very drunk quite early - about 9.30 and we had to help her to her room. she slammed the door shut in my face and I wandered out with Olly from Reading who said he hoped she would be fit for the ferry in the morning. I went back to my room at 11.30 and though about the whole Global Warming issue. Petra had been saying we should not fly because it used up so much Carbon and Olly was confusing me with his Carbon tax stuff and I was wondering how on earth it could work and I started to get a pain in my head. Global warming eh ? who would have thought that, we had a Cold War and now that has thawed out we are over heating and the Chinese and the Indians want to cash in on Techno living and are going Techno hardcore and they have plenty of capability to pump out more and more greenhouse gases and smoke and stuff. Fall asleep.


There is a lot of pollution in Athens I suddenly have a strong desire for some fresh air coupled with relaxation, luxury holidays in Greece , you know, a bit of pampering, the kind that only money can buy.


9am this morning: Then I imagine what Petra must be feeling like and I remember that she gave me her mobile number so I give Bob a call an ask him if he thinks I should give her a ring and he tells me that Sharon is pregnant. I ring Petra and she says:

"I was drinking too much last night, outta sight, was I embarrassing, I hope I did not bore you"

" Oh" I say "You went on a bit about the planet's problems, you know, you could lighten up a bit"

"BUT THIS IS VITALLY IMPORTANT YOU CRETIN" she shouts

"Yes but we were just having a quiet drink in a bar, we were not in Pariliament and I am not an MP"

"OK point taken you half panker"

"panker ?"

"Panker, plinker" she sounds confused

"you mean I am a PLONKER !" I say excitedly

"You said it" She laughs then sas she is going to be sick and hangs up.


I go back to bed - I need to sleep on this.

No comments: