Wednesday 13 December 2006

Black day in Athens, Greece

I've been in a black mood all day here in Athens. Bloody Athens - driving me nuts - Petra turns out to be unstable and I'm left wondering what an earth I am doing here. I eat three huge Kebabs- feel sick, drink a litre of lemonade. Ten Go to the Parthenon. Very nice and all that but I cannot help kicking walls and being annoyed. Go to a record store and buy a traditional Greek CD and go back to listen to it in my room. Spiros is waiting for me with his hulk face - syas I must pay up now or get out - I decide to hang on here fo another couple of days. I go to my room and listen to this: Album: Greek Songs Dances and Rembetiko - Artist: The Athenians and you lucky people can listen to exactly what I was listening to (or preview it anyway) at http://www.mp3.com/albums/389531/summary.html - I particularly like Jiati - there is something about it that makes me happy again to be here in Athens and not so BLACK in mood and sombre. - Perhaps tomorrow will be better. I do not vcall Bob - I do not want to depress him - so slowly I fall into a semi peaceful sleep and dream of skiing in france.

No comments: