Saturday 9 December 2006

Eyes popping out in a two star hotel in Athens

Crashed in Rafinikos 2 star hotel and had a long session of panic when I locked myself into the loo and could not get out. Made an almighty noise, in the end a huge hulk like man got the door open and looked angry at me - said something in Greek which probably resembled - you stupid English twat ! and I felt homesick . I gave Bob a call and he told me to keep my chin up. Later after a couple of Ouozo's alone in my room (peeling flowery wallpaper and a chipped Madonna on the wall) I got paranoid that I had been drugged with a strong dose of LSD. I kept thinking I was in Louisiana on a porch singing Cajun music - then the walls closed in on me and the flowery wallpaper became quite excitingly vivid and moved (well writhed would be a better description) around until it all became like the Day of the Triffids. I went through a huge thought process about self harm through drink, smoking and drugs and felt that I had better give up everything: but then the human body is often amazing at getting back together again after abuse. Still Health and Fitness could be a theme of this jouney. Several themes are now appearing, Cooking, Health, fun, partying, not working. But this weird feeling I had been drugged carried on for several hours - I rolled on the floor - took off all my clothes - charged around - sang Cajun (my interpretation of Cajun) music - listen to my IPOD - but changed the music all the time - never settling. One minute it was Jimmy Hendrix, the next it was Kylie Minogue. I felt at one point as if my eyes would pop out. Then I fell asleep. The next thing I know, it is the next day and a brand new start can be started right away. Damn - also missed that party that Petra had mentioned. Never mind there will be a lot more opportunities like that I am sure. Feeling Great!! after the long sleep.

No comments: