Friday 23 February 2007

Tartan and Sunglasses of an Older Woman

Things are going well with agnes in Marseilles, France, perhaps this really is a holiday of a lifetime
Phew! - got out of Naples. One hell of a lot of travel by train - a night stopover in La Spezia and then pushed on through to France and here I am in Marseilles - home of Eric Cantona ( I think maybe) and Zidane (maybe I think). I like the look of this place it has a certain ho hee ho about it and fishy hardness. I think I may stay here a while maybe two days. I have met up with Agnes, a 55 year old cruiser lady who seems to enjoy the younger man and who is not falling to pieces herself but has crinkled a little bit in the sun. She seems to enjoy her Gin and Sidney Sheldon novels. Her handbag is stuffed full of money and perfume and we have been having a bit of a wail of a time. I met her on the train up from the Italian Riviera where she has apparently been playing Poker and drinking alot, and we have hooked up in the same room (Mr and Mrs Smith) of the New Hotel in the Pharo area near the old port (very pricey and rich 5 star type hotel - not my usual style but I have to please the lady (and she is paying a hefty whack of the bill anyways.


Its quite an attractive traditional building which apparently used to be part of the former Pasteur institute so its says in my guide. On the inside it is very modern and chic and the drinks are quite pricey but who cares , the lobby area is laid out with dark grey tiles that I just want to rub my stomach on and Agnes bounded up to the large reception desk and started calling the girl a honey sweeteypie (thats what she is like). In the back of the lobby is an attractive lounge area, entirely constructed with glass which is real trendy and we hung out there for a couple of minutes taking it in, then we ascended the large dark grey staircase that leads to the first floor bar and restaurant area - hooray double gins all round and we descended into a night of oblivion and debauchery. Excellent. Agnes wears tartan alot and sunglasses most of the time - Sweet.... I'll let you know if she gobbles me alive - first blog from the stomach of a maneater - or if I can avoid her gut and move on with my life in an orderly fashion putting a wild fling with an older woman firmly behind me while accepting that it was quite necessary at the time for my development as a full rounded individual with the potential to do great things on this earth in the short (yes its very short really) time allotted to all of us for doing anything really. Anyway, this has livened me up a bit .... Adieu

No comments: