Friday 9 February 2007

Feeling Simple in Naples

Getting fed up with Italy ? why not do a Paintng or Cookery course in Greece - it could be just what you need
I am feeling simple today in my delightful small and nicely named Hotel Garden Napoli. It has a big plus for me, being a city centre kind of guy it is just so well-located in Naples city centre, only 200 strides from the mayhem and canage of Naples central station. another thing that pleases me is that the room is air conditioned and light and modern, so I can Star Trek about without getting too hung up on the ancient history surrounding me, the family feuds that have gone on for centuries and the Roman thing, you know Up Pompeii can get a bit waring, even for a culture buff like me. There are cool (cold maybe) ceramic floors and swedish style pine-wood furnishing. There is a balcony. I can even watch cable television all day - cartoons and the news in Italian. I I get stuck in to a breakfast in the restaurant if I can be bothered to get up and not feeling too sick and hungover - which has not really been the case actualy this last couple of days. I have even knocked back a couple of large Scotch and Cokes (with lemon and ice) in the lobby bar in the early evening (late afternoon - i.e. the dead hours). So all in all it does me fine. I feel fine.

So watched TV today and drank vodka. Smoked 40 Benson. Played poker with myself and looking forward to Petra and April turning up. Frank gave me a wide berth but I did not know what to do with it - no I was glad - the guy got heavy yesterday, I prefer drinking on my own at the moment. Perhaps tomorrow will bring more adventure.

1 comment:

Boris said...

great city napoli.but take good care there..