Wednesday 21 February 2007

Champagne and Red Wine all Afternoon

Still in Naples - yes never got out - but it will be soon that I get out and I think it will be therapy for me to go to Spain. I have been doing a bit of wandering and bumped into Frank again and he said that I was looking awful - and that I needed a stiff drink, which I wholeheartedly agreed with so we adjourned to small pizza restaurant and proceeded to drink red win all afternoon. I was in the mood to flash my money around so we drank the expensive stuff and it was very nice indeed - I did avoid he smokes though - which would have maded me chesty today, Frank told me about his rough youth in the Catholic side of Belfast and it sounded tough and rough and dangerous - he is lucky to be alive. We had laugh when the waiter came out and did a bit of a song and dance act for us - very forties music hall, and then the manager came out and told us some rude jokes which was nice - I cannot remember any though so tough. I did bend over double on the floor a couple of times and for an hour we were joined by some very drunk German women who looked about 40 and were out for a good time (it was only 3pm !) but then they started trying to tap me for a drink or three and I got fed up with buying them Champagne and it all came to nothing.

No comments: