Wednesday 7 February 2007

Frank, Drink, Naples

Naples, Italy - a great place to visit on your Italian Holiday
I like Naples - there is a good vibe here - except of course when I got my wallet nicked this morning by pickpockets who bumped me and before I knew what was happening I'd lost it. But - you will be pleased to here that all I had in it was scrap paper because I am not stupid enough to keep anything valuable in a wallet - what do you think I am ? a complete idiot ?. So, I spent a couple of hours talking to the great Irishman guru, Frank, in a little square - with quite a bit of warm winter sunshine beating on our backs and nothing to do but discuss the meaning of life. That in fact was quite a short discussion - about 3 minutes, because we both agreed that we were not qualified, especially sober. So we discussed the frthcoming Republic of Irelan v San Marino game and expected a trouncing in the six nil area (but I hear that it was a flukey 2-1 - so bad luck little plucky San Marino I know you will win one day soon - 38 losses must come to and end in the end like we must all die and the sun will come up in the morning for the next eight billion years or so and the turn nto a giant white dwarf called Getoff and so on and so on - Plucky little San Marino the underdog. The dog that is under the table feeding off the giants scraps. Frank now trails around with me and of course I tested his drinking capabilities to the full this evening and moved gently on to the red wine at nine - ahhhh wine at nine - feels fine - who wants to dine when there is red wine at nine eh ? do you ? I cannot imagine who you are and whether you drink red wine - please comment back with our favorite wine and I will try to get hold of it and taste it.

No comments: