Sunday 14 January 2007

Lazy day in an Italian's Home

Still here at Francesco's house - I think he may be geting a bit uppity now so the time may be nearing when we have to leave. Listened to a great album by Juana Molina called Tres Cosas which I do not think is her new one - it a floaty gentleness in a looped swishing guitary kind of way and Francesco is a big fan - he tells me she is from Argentina. Petra cannot stand this kind of nu folk stuff and wants to hear something heavier like Slip Knot or even ACDC - I suggested some headbanging to Status Quo but Francesco was unable to oblige because his collection does not extend into that corner of the rock ouvre and I do not blame him, although it is not for me to blame him for anything because he is playing the gentle host and that is good enough for me. not enough for some pre menstrual women though which includes both Petra and April who seem to have switched off Francesco and are now itching to get back on the road. Francesco looks a bit sad today, he has not gone in to work, phoned in sick and did a lot of lolling around - occasionaly commenting on things like april's tarten skirt and stuff like that, April seems to be sick of the attention and is expecting him to make a grab for her anytime soon. Petra says that Francesco is a bit of broken man and we should leave him to stew. I say he is a good friendly guy and he wants us to stay one more day so that is hat we shall do. Off tomorrow I expect - bu first, here is a scan of a painting I did of Francesco for him to hang:
We talked of Fesivals and India and many things

No comments: