Monday 1 January 2007

Into the Abyss

Self Catering after a night out on the tiles
So, yes, anyway I do have, still a bit of a hangover from last night. And , yes, I did keep on seeing what I thought was Petra all over as I was whiked by a party of new found Jesuit buddies on a whistlestop tour of some of Romes more wicked parties last night. It must have been seven or eight and my stamina was good. I met these guys on the corner as they looked for a flagpole to hoist their weird petard and was then withem all night. There was Frankie, an American from Chicago and Johnnie a guy from Liverpool and James an Irishman who could melt the heart of any female within ten feet. We joked about Reindeer and chatted up countless elder women and the odd male - -even though we could hardly speak a word of the native Italian and got shouted at many times. The evening was rich with humour and I lost my trousers near a fountain. The religous side of my nature never surfaced and there were numerous cats to stroke, dogs to woof at but no traffic cones. I am now going to bed early and am ready for the next days vigour.

A charming man gave me a pipe - and the doctor I met at 3am said I was lucky to still be alive given the amount he guessed I had had to drink. I say the world is lucky - and tomorrow I pack it all in because I am going on a self inflicted resolution frenzy - no drinking ! Well how about that ?


So - here we go - into the abyss - see you on the other side...........

No comments: